As we slowly transition into fall, we bid farewell to summer parties, spending long hours in the sun, and exotic beach getaways. This means it is time we also switch our lifestyle habits for the season. While summer comes with some unhealthy habits fall is here for us to readjust our habits and focus more on our self-care. Try these feel-good self-care rituals.
1. Slow down. After a season filled with gatherings, running around from one place to another, and lots of traveling, fall is a chance for you to slow down the pace of your life to focus on yourself and your surroundings.
2. Get enough sleep. Your body is probably sleep-deprived, and this can affect your overall well-being on a physical, mental, and emotional level. So you should make up for all the nights you slept late to help your body recharge and recover.
3. Detox. Your summer was probably filled with several unhealthy eating and nutrition habits. Since you fulfilled your appetite’s cravings with desserts and fatty food, you should detox your body and shift to healthy eating.
4. Light up scented candles. It will fill your home not only with a great smell but also coziness and relaxing vibes. Spread some candles around the house lie down with warm tea and enjoy this mood.
5. Declutter. Our surroundings affect how we feel. If we are surrounded by mess and clutter, our brains will pick the vibe. Get rid of everything unnecessary in your home, avoid hoarding, and make the space as organized and soothing to the eye as possible.
6. Unplug. We get lost for hours on end in summer either posting our own pictures or scrolling through our feeds and stories of others. Spend less time on social media or even go for a social media detox for a while. It will keep you more present and in the moment.
7. Focus on your mental health. There are so many ways to do it. You can do yoga, meditate, journal, or soak up the last bit of warm weather in a morning walk.