New Spanish imported luxury trains - file
CAIRO - 13 August 2022: The Egyptian Ministry of Transport, represented by the Egyptian Railways Authority, contracted with the Spanish company Talgo to manufacture and supply 7 new luxury sleeper trains and carry out maintenance work for a period of 15 years, including availability and the supply of spare parts and equipment for the trains.
Egypt Today highlights the specifications of the new trains:
- The new trains offer the highest levels of luxury and modern technology.
- The train consists of 18 wagons.
- Each train includes: "power car - buffet car - club car - 5 first luxury cars -10 second luxury cars."
- The trains are supported by internet services.
- The total number of vehicles is 126.
- The deal will contribute to supporting the existing fleet of railway sleeper trains.
- It constitutes a huge quantum leap in providing a luxurious service worthy of the traveling public.
- It contributes to increasing the number of trips using these trains on the network lines.