Ingredients (30 minutes to make)
400g kunafa dough, shredded
100g ghee, melted
400g vanilla ice cream
300g pistachio ice cream
300g caramel ice cream
1. Grease a 5 cm high loose-bottomed baking dish. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, mix the kunafa with the ghee thoroughly.
3. Divide the mixture in two and arrange half in the bottom of the dish and the rest along the sides.
4. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 150C or until golden then allow to cool completely.
5. Remove from the baking dish and layer in the vanilla ice cream.
6. Using an ice-cream scoop, dollop on the caramel and pistachio ice cream over the vanilla layer.
7. Let sit in the freezer for three hours before serving sprinkled with pistachios.
Recipe from InterContinental Cairo Citystars’ Executive Pastry Chef Ahmed Al Armaly