Photo Via Graham Elliot Facebook page – compiled by Egypt Today
CAIRO – 5 January 2018: “You are defined by your ingredients, by the way you touch them, by the flavors you draw from them.” - Graham Elliot
Highly acclaimed celebrity chef Graham Elliot was born in 1997 in Seattle, Washington and is now based in Illinois, Chicago where he opened the city’s French casual fine dining restaurant in 2008.
“Food to me, in one word, is 'creativity' or 'expression.' It's simply, 'This is who I am at this point in time, and this is what I want to cook for you’.” - Graham Elliot
He is mainly recognized for his participation on ‘Masterchef’ and ‘Top Chef’ reality cooking competition shows, where he serves as one of the main judges. His love for food began from a young age when he was traveling the world with his family due to their Navy duties. He developed a love for music and food during their travels hence, his motivation to pursue a full-time culinary career.
“Kids see cooking as a creative outlet now, like soccer and ballet. It gives me hope that things like fast food, childhood obesity and the horrible state of school lunches can be addressed by kids and their parents.” - Graham Elliot
• He won multiple nominations for the James Beard Foundation award.
• In 2004, he was named one of Food & Wine’s “Best New Chefs.”
• He is the youngest chef in the US to earn four stars from Chicago-based publications.
• Was named the youngest four-star chef at the age of 27.
• He was listed as one of the "40 Under Forty” on Crain's Chicago Business list.
• Cooked for former President Barack Obama on his 49th birthday.
• Opened Chicago’s first French casual fine dining restaurant in 2008.