CAIRO – 16 September 2017: We all know that harmful drinks can cause an array of diseases to our bodies, such as obesity, heart problems, stomach pain, and skin diseases. So what would happen if we replaced all these drinks with water?
Chris Bailey, a popular blogger and lecturer, said in his research that water has eight benefits;
1. We lose weight faster; when we replace all drinks with water for 9 days we will lose calories equivalent to those burned after walking for eight kilometers.
2. The brain works better; the brain is made up of 75 to 85 percent water, so drinking water is a fuel for the mind which helps it focus better and accomplish daily tasks faster while remaining active, even if it’s late at night.
3. We eat less; Water reduces the appetite which helps lose weight, sometimes we become confused as to whether we’re hungry or thirsty and a simple glass of water can clear that up.
4. Your body will expel toxins faster; water washes out harmful substances and prevents aging, if you want to stay younger, drink plenty of water.
5. Water lowers the risk of many diseases such as hypertension, bladder diseases, bowel cancer and others.
6. Our hearts work better; five glasses of water a day lowers the risk of a heart attack by 41 percent.
7. Our skin becomes softer and cleaner; water clears and moistens the skin, which you will begin to notice after several weeks.
8. We would save a lot of money; we spend a lot of money on coffee and other drinks during the week, whereas buying water costs much less and is also more beneficial.