Image courtesy of Shutterstock
The dating game is not always an easy one and can leave us with uncertainties, especially if we are not on the same page with the person we are dating. In the attraction phase, when the spark is at its peak, it can be hard to tell if it’s real or just a fling, and we all know summer is the official season of flings. Since summer is coming to an end, maybe you need to know if your new relationship will fly with it too. Here are surefire signs that tell it is just a summer fling.
1. You spend more time partying than trying to know each other. It is all parties, and wild nights with barely any quality time to learn more about one another. Of course having fun is important, and enjoying the excitement of a new relationship is ecstatic, but you also need to get a bit deeper than that. Otherwise it is not going to mature or go anywhere further than just some fun moments.
2. You go multiple days with no contact. Let’s face it, in the age of internet and smart phones, there is not really much of an excuse why someone you date can go for multiple days without calling/texting or returning your calls. No one is too busy for at least one message a day unless something really harmful happened to them or their family. So if you catch him/her posting on their social media and not getting in touch with you, rest assured you don’t even cross their mind.
3. You don’t go on actual dates together. It’s mostly you two out with other people and last minute plans. They don’t take you out on romantic dinners or suggest to meet you only when it is convenient for them.
4. It’s unlabeled. Now this is something you will notice from the way you are introduced to people. They don’t acknowledge you as their significant other or avoids dropping any hints that you are together. You are in it basically for the good times and no strings attached.
5. They forget important details about you. They keep forgetting important things you tell them, you find them having a hard time recalling a name or two of your close friends. To them, they are just not interested to know all these details and would rather keep it light and detached.