Diver in the Red Sea - File
CAIRO - 29 March 2022: The Red Sea includes more than 60 diving sites known to fans of diving in this area. The Red Sea attracts thousands of tourists every month to see various marine creatures, on top of those sites and the most dangerous is the "Shark House".
Here are some highlights about it:
- It is located south of the Red Sea, specifically near the beaches connecting the city of Quseir and Marsa Alam.
- Diving in the depths of Elphinstone is for professionals only, and amateurs must dive accompanied by a certified diver.
- It is called an adventure trip because there are more than 14 species of sharks.
- The reefs of Brothers and Elphinstone are known as the Shark House due to its large perimeter, and its stunning diving experience.
- The competent environmental authorities have monitored more than 14 species of sharks in different numbers.
- Tourists come specially from their country to dive in the reefs of Elphinstone and Brothers.
- Divers working in that area, most of them hold diving instructor certificates.
- Fox, whitefin, and Longmanus are the most common types of sharks.
- The water of the reefs of Elphinstone and the brothers is very pure that is called the "crystal water".
- The depths of Elphinstone Reefs reach 65 meters and are about 10 kilometers from the shore.
- The environment establishes a management program for these areas due to their environmental sensitivity.