Sat, 21 Nov 2020 - 09:47 GMT
FILE PHOTO: A woman wears a protective face mask, following the outbreak of the new coronavirus, in Kuwait, February 25, 2020. REUTERS/Stephanie McGehee/File Photo
CAIRO - 21 November 2020: Egypt's Health Ministry said Friday that 363 new coronavirus cases were detected, upping the total number of confirmed cases to 112,318.
In a statement, Spokesman for the Health Ministry Khaled Megahed said 13 patients have died from the virus over the past 24 hours, raising the death toll to 6,521.
As many as 121 patients were discharged from isolation hospitals after receiving necessary medical care, taking the number of recovered cases to 101,685 so far, the spokesman said.
Egypt ranks 49th among world countries in terms of recovery rates (93.2 percent), and ranks 141st in the world in terms of total infections per one million people, (1,016 infections per 1 million).
For his part, Dr. Hossam Hosni, head of the Scientific Committee to Combat Corona, told Egypt Today that the Ministry of Health and Population has prepared a grand plan to confront influenza and Corona infection in the winter season, stressing that the schools’ plan to confront the Corona virus “guarantees full protection for all students.”
Egypt is planning to apply clinical trials on 6,000 people, and in case 215 persons were infected with COVID-19, the codes of the vaccine will be dismantled and the research will be halted. Then, they will wait for one year along with the measurement of antibodies of the volunteers, and then manufacture the vaccine.