CAIRO - 12 October 2020: The Health Ministry said Sunday that 129 new coronavirus cases were detected, upping the total number of confirmed cases to 104516.
In a statement, Spokesman for the Health Ministry Khaled Megahed said 12 patients have died from the virus over the past 24 hours, raising the death toll to 6052.
As many as 45 patients were discharged from isolation hospitals after receiving necessary medical care, taking the number of recovered cases to 97688 so far, the spokesman said.
On 21 September, Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouly announced a further easing of restrictions by allowing open-air funerals, wedding ceremonies, film festivals and conferences. The cabinet has warned, however, that strict restrictions will be re-imposed should infection rates rise.
It is the lowest recovery daily number recorded since 8th May.