Egypt's Sisi urges sticking to coronavirus measures to protect construction workers

BY

Wed, 01 Jul 2020 - 04:57 GMT

Sisi stops his car to speak with one of the street vendors

Sisi stops his car to speak with one of the street vendors

CAIRO – 1 July 2020: Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El Sisi affirmed the need to stick to all preventive measures against coronavirus (COVID-19), during a tour he made to follow up on construction projects in Cairo’s popular Nasr City district, the Presidency said on Wednesday.

Sisi affirmed the importance of ensuring the safety of all workers in the construction sites, amid the epidemic.

Sisi also stopped his car to speak with one of the street vendors around his life conditions and requirements, the Presidency added.



Egypt recorded, Tuesday, 1557 new coronavirus cases, upping the total number of confirmed cases to 68311.

In a statement, Spokesman for the Health Ministry Khaled Megahed said 81 patients have died from the virus over the past 24 hours, raising the death toll to 2953.


As many as 509 patients were discharged from isolation hospitals after receiving necessary medical care, taking the number of recovered cases to 18460 so far, the spokesman said.

In May, Sisi said the coronavirus crisis in Egypt is managed in a scientific and professional way, affirming that the current number of reported cases is still within the normal range. Attending the inauguration ceremony of a housing project in northern Egypt’s Alexandria, Sisi urged naming the streets of Egypt's new cities and national projects after the police and army victims and doctors who died with the novel coronavirus.

Comments

0

Leave a Comment

Recommend Article

Be Social