FILE - Coronavirus PCR - Reuters
CAIRO – 12 March 2020: The Egyptian Health Ministry on Wednesday confirmed seven new coronavirus cases, bringing the total number of infections to 67. The Egyptian authorities on Sunday confirmed the first coronavirus fatality as a German tourist died.
The seven cases who tested positive for the new Covid-19 include a foreigner and six Egyptians, the ministry said, adding that the new cases had dealt with the previously confirmed cases.
On the other side, Hany Younes, Cabinet’s media advisor, said seven cases left quarantine in the hospital specialized in treating coronavirus patients in the northern governorate of Matrouh, after they were treated.
A group of 46 French and US tourists left Egypt after they had tested negative for Coronavirus.
The tourists were on board a Nile cruise in Upper Egypt which carried 45 others who tested positive for the virus.
Globally, the World Health Organization reported the infection of 109,578 cases and the death of 3,807 due to the new deadly virus as of Monday.
Concerning the only fatality so far, the Egyptian authorities said that the dead patient, 60, arrived in Hurghada port city coming from Luxor, he showed alarming symptoms of the disease to be hospitalized and later tests positive for coronavirus.
The patient refused to be transferred to the specialized quarantine hospital in Matrouh to be admitted to intensive care after suffering from a respiratory failure caused by severe Pneumonia, according to the Egyptian authorities.