King Salman of Saudi Arabia receives Abdel Fatah al Sisi_Press Photo
CAIRO- 08 May 2017: On Tuesday President Abdel-Fattah al-Sisi arrived in Cairo after a Gulf tour that included visiting Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait and Bahrain.
In an interview with the Kuwaiti newspaper Al-Rai, Sisi said that Gulf’s stability is important for Egypt’s national security. He added that he discussed with the Gulf leaders enhancing the bilateral cooperation on different levels.
The visit “comes in the framework of distinctive bilateral relations between both countries,” said Sisi to Al-Rai newspaper, adding that Kuwait’s supporting stance to Egypt “cannot be forgotten.”
Here are the highlight of his Gulf tour
• President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi arrived in Riyadh on April 23, where he attended a joint summit with King Salman bin Abdel Aziz Al Saud at al-Yamama Palace.
King Salman of Saudi Arabia receives Abdel Fatah al Sisi_Press Photo.jpg
• Talks addressed counter-terrorism efforts, mutual issues between the two countries, and other regional issues.
President Abdel Fatah al Sisi holds discussions with King Salman of Saudi Arabia_ Press Photo
• King Salman has welcomed al-Sisi at the airport alongside top officials of the kingdom, Saudi ambassador to Egypt, Ahmed al-Qattan, Egyptian ambassador to KSA, Nasser Hamdy and members of Egyptian embassy in Riyadh.
Egyptian President with Saudi King_ Press Photo
• Saudi Arabia has announced that it will expand its investments in Egypt upon the visit.
• Al-Sisi invited King Salman to visit Egypt.
• On May 3, al-Sisi arrived in Abu Dhabi to hold talks with the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, Mohammed bin Zayed Al-Nahyan.
Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan (R)receives President Abdel Fatah al Sisi_Press Photo via Presidency
• Al-Sisi’s visit coincided with the summit held between the two wings of Libyan political scene, Khalifa Haftar and Fayez al-Serag.
• The Libyan issue topped the talks of the two leaders. They also tackled economic issues and opportunities of Emirati investments in Egypt, counter-terrorism and regional issues.
• On May 7, al-Sisi headed to Kuwait, to meet with Emir of Kuwait Sabah al-Ahmad al-Jaber al-Sabah, Crown Prince Nawaf al-Ahmed, speaker of National Assembly Marzouq Al-Ghanim, Prime Minister Jaber Al-Mubarak Al-Hamad Al-Sabah.
Emir of Kuwait Sabah al-Ahmad al-Jaber al-Sabah receives Abdel Fatah al Sisi_ Press Photo
• Al-Sisi welcomed at his residency top Kuwaiti officials, like foreign minister first deputy prime minister Sabah al-Khaled al-Hamad al-Sabah, Director General of Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development Abdulwahab A. Al-Bader and members of Egyptian-Kuwaiti Economic Cooperation Council.
Egyptian President Abdel Fatah al Sisi with Emir of Kuwait Sabah al-Ahmad al-Jaber al-Sabah_ Press Photo
Abdel Fatah al Sisi with Emir of Kuwait Sabah al-Ahmad
• As the final stop, al-Sisi visited Bahrain on May 8, where he met Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa.
Bahraini King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa receives Abdel Fatah al Sisi_ Press Photo
Abdel Fatah al Sisi welcomed by Bahraini king Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa_ Press Photo
• The two leaders discussed Egyptian-Bahraini bilateral relations on economic and national security fields.
Abdel Fatah al Sisi with Bahraini king Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa_ Press Photo
• King Hamad decorated the Egyptian President with highest Bahraini order, the Order of Sheikh Isa Al-Khalifa, for Egyptian president's efforts to increase cooperation between the two countries and unite the Arab people.
Abdel Fatah al Sisi decorated by Bahraini king Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa
• Later Monday, al-Sisi visited Economic Development Council of Bahrain, accompanied by the Crown Prince Salman bin Hamad bin Isa, in an attempt to attract more Bahraini investments to Egypt.