A tire is set ablaze as Palestinians protesters are seen during clashes with Israeli troops near the Jewish settlement of Qadomem, in the West Bank village of Kofr Qadom, near Nablus, October 13, 2017. REUTERS/Mohamad Torokman
RAMALLAH– 16 October 2017:The Palestinian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates condemned on Monday the expansion of settlements and the large-scale Judaization operations in al Quds city.
In a statement, the ministry slammed the decision by the Israeli government led by Benjamin Netanyahu to resume operations to expand Israeli settlements that were suspended during the term of US Former President Barack Obama.
The ministry said that such move hinders any chance to establish the Palestinian state with al Quds (occupied east Jerusalem) as its capital and diminishes political solutions based on the two state solution.
Occupation authorities started implementing a massive expansion scheme in Givat Hamatos settlement in al Quds by announcing its plan to build about 2600 new settlements that had been approved in 2014, the ministry said adding that it will lead to the separation of the south of al Quds (Jerusalem) from its Palestinian extension, enabling occupation forces to isolate and surround a number of neighborhoods in al Quds.
The ministry added that the silence of the international community on Israeli settlements and violation of the international law and legitimate international resolutions represented a cover that encourages Israel to continue its destruction of the opportunities to revive peace negotiations.